Beetroot, Seeds and Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 1.2 kg beetroot, peeled
- 1 1/4 cup Ceres Organics White Quinoa
- 1/3 cup pitted, diced dates
- 200 g feta
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Healthy Food Magazine
Place beetroot in a large saucepan of water. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender when prodded with a knife. Drain and set aside to cool. When cooled, cut into chunks.
While beetroot is cooking, cook quinoa following packet directions. Set aside to cool.
To make dressing mix lemon juice, zest, balsamic, olive oil and cumin together, pour over the chunks of beetroot and set aside.
On a serving platter or large serving dish, create 2-3 layers of quinoa, beetroot, dressing, dates, feta, spring onions, red onion and herbs.
Top with avocado then sprinkle over seeds.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series