- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 3/4 cup Ceres Organics Green Lentils
- 400g can Delmaine Italian Crushed Tomatoes (no added salt)
- 390g can Delmaine Red Kidney Beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups Select Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 250g button mushrooms, washed, quartered
- 250g kumara, diced
- 1 Tbsp dark chocolate, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- Healthy Food Guide magazine
Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, chilli, garlic and Mexican spice mix. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add lentils and stir well. Add tomatoes, beans and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Add mushrooms and kumara to saucepan. Stir. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 20-25 more minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in chocolate and coriander. Cook gently for a few more minutes until sauce is thickened.
Serve chilli with cooked rice (or spaghetti) and top with sour cream. Add slices of avocado and extra chopped fresh coriander.
By The Healthy Food Guide TV Series