Mandarin Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, halved and cut in thin slivers
- 2 cups or 3 cups of baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups pre-mixed slaw
- 1 cup bean sprouts or snow pea shoots
- 5 or 6 mandarins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
1. Combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and sesame oil in a bowl. Add the sliced chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
2. While the chicken is marinating, make the dressing: combine 1/4 cup of mandarin juice (approx 2 mandarins), 1 tbsp of mandarin zest, mayonnaise and vinegar in a small jug, whisk till combined and set aside.
3. Grill, fry or barbecue the chicken. While the chicken is cooking toss the spinach, coleslaw and sprouts together and arrange on a platter.
4. Scatter the segments of 3 mandarins over the platter. Drizzle with the dressing, pile on the cooked chicken and top with toasted almonds.
By Food to Love