- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup salt
- food colour of your choice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Sift the flour and cream of tartar into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt.
2. In another bowl, combine the oil and food colouring with 1 & 1/2 cups of boiling water.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough.
4. Allow the dough to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until its no longer sticky.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Tip: If the dough remains sticky after kneading, add a little bit more flour. For a more velvety playdough, substitute 1/4 of the flour for cornflour.