Mustard-Crusted Roast Beef
- 2 large fresh beetroot, trimmed, unpeeled
- 600g pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 large brown onions peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1kg beef roast
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup soft fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup seeded mustard
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Gravy, to serve
How to Make Perfect Roast Veges
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Wrap beetroot in foil. Place in a large roasting pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly, then peel and cut into wedges.
2. Place pumpkin, onion and beetroot in the roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the oil.
3. In a medium-sized, bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley, mustard, parmesan and garlic.
4. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Cook beef for 2-3 minutes or until seared on all sides. Pour half of the oil from the pan in to the crumb mixture and mix well.
5. Place beef on top of vegetables. Spread crumb mixture over top of the beef. Drizzle with remaining oil from the frying pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6. Remove beef from the oven, transfer to a large heatproof plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Bake vegetables for 10 minutes more or until tender. Remove from oven and stand for 2 minutes.
7. Add spinach to the vegetables and season with salt. Slice beef and serve with vegetables and your favourite gravy.
By Food to Love