Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- 1/3 cup store-bought tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 550g chicken thigh fillets, chopped in to bite-sized pieces
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- ¼ small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup lightly packed coriander leaves
- 4 pita pockets, char-grilled
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled length ways into ribbons
1. Preheat a barbecue grill or char-grill pan over low heat. Combine paste and yoghurt. Add chicken and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Thread chicken and vegetables onto 12 skewers. Spray with oil. Add skewers to pan / grill and cook (turning), for 18-20 minutes or until browned and cooked.
3. To make the yoghurt sauce, process yoghurt, 1/4 cup mint and the coriander in a small food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
4. Top pita pockets with cucumber, remaining mint and chicken skewers. Serve drizzled with yoghurt sauce.
Tip: Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
By Food to Love