Barbecued Pork Spareribs with Coleslaw
- 2kg slab pork spareribs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp American mustard
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 fresh small red chillies, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ red cabbage, shredded finely
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
How to Julienne Vegetables
1. To make barbecue sauce, place tomato sauce, vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, pepper, chillies, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and combine well.
2. Place full slab of ribs in a large baking dish and pour barbecue sauce over ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, turning ribs occasionally.
3. To make the coleslaw, place sour cream, lemon juice and 2 Tbsp water in a screwtop jar, shake well. Place cabbage and spring onion in a large bowl with dressing, toss gently to combine.
4. Remove the ribs from the marinade, shaking off any excess sauce. Reserve the marinade in a small pot.
5. Preheat a barbecue to a medium heat. Oil the grill plate and cook ribs for 40 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure they don’t burn, brushing occasionally with a little reserved marinade as they cook.
6. Bring remaining barbecue sauce to the boil (about 4 minutes) or until sauce thickens slightly.
7. Brush some of the sauce over the ribs then cut them into serving-sized pieces. Serve with coleslaw and remaining hot barbecue sauce on the side.
By Food to Love