Crumbed Fish and Chip bake
- 500g kumara, peeled, cut into 1cm wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to serve
- 4 firm white fish fillets
- 1/3 cup aioli, plus extra to serve
- 2 Tbsp gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, toss vegetables in 1 Tbsp of the oil. Arrange in a single layer on the tray with lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes until starting to colour.
3. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley and remaining oil. Mix well and season.
4. Reduce oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and take vegetables out of the oven. Add fish to tray, flat-side up. Spread each with 1 Tbsp aioli, then press crumb mixture onto fish.
5. Bake for a further 5-6 minutes until fish is just cooked through and the crumb is golden.
6. In a small bowl, combine extra parsley, lemon zest and juice, gherkins and capers.
7. Scatter fish bake with parsley mixture and serve with extra aioli.
Tip: To make this gluten free, replace the breadcrumbs with gluten free breadcrumbs. Check the label of the aioli to make sure it doesn’t contain malt vinegar.
By Food to Love