Balsamic Roast Salmon with Sundried Tomato Salsa
- 1.3 kg fresh side of Regal New Zealand salmon side, skin on, pin-boned, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ¼ cup gherkins, chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place salmon, skin-side down, in a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with balsamic and oil, then season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes for medium or 30 minutes for well done. Check by poking a knife into the middle of the fillet to see the flesh – if the fish flakes easily, then it is fully cooked.
3. To make salsa, place sundried tomatoes, capers and gherkins in a bowl and combine.
4. To serve, carefully place the salmon on a serving platter and scatter with salsa, and parsley, with lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: This can be cooked the day before and is equally delicious served cold.
• Energy 1197Kj • Protein 28g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 2g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 422mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation