Balsamic Roast Salmon with Sundried Tomato Salsa
- 1.3 kg fillet of salmon, skin on, pin-boned, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ¼ cup gherkins, chopped
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedges
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Place salmon, skin-side down, in a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with balsamic and oil, then season with salt and pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes for medium or 30 minutes for well done. Check by poking a knife into the middle of the fillet to see the flesh – if the fish flakes easily, then it is fully cooked.
3. To make salsa, place sundried tomatoes, capers and gherkins in a bowl and combine.
4. To serve, carefully place the salmon on a serving platter and scatter with salsa, and parsley, with lemon wedges on the side.
Tip: This can be cooked the day before and is equally delicious served cold.
By Food to Love