Beef Burger with Garlic Mayo and Soft Onions
- 500g beef mince
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 burger buns, lightly toasted
- 80g rocket
- 6 baby beetroot, grated
1. Combine the mince, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Shape mixture into four patties.
2. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, cook patties until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, until soft.
4. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and garlic in small bowl.
5. To serve, split each bun in half. Top each with a patty, mayonnaise, rocket, beetroot, onion, salt and pepper.
1. Try adding a cup of grated raw carrot to your meat mixture.
2. Instead of a burger bun wrap your patty and filling in crispy lettuce leaves.
3. Combine 50g blue cheese with half a cup mayonnaise for a decadent sauce.
By Food to Love