Roasted Capsicum and Beetroot Salad
- 500g fresh beetroot
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- cooking oil spray
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice and zest
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Trim leaves from beetroot, wrap each one in foil and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Place capsicums on the oven tray and spray with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until beetroot are tender and capsicums have blistered and blackened.
3. Cool beetroot for 10 minutes then peel and cut into quarters.
4. Cover capsicums with plastic wrap. Leave for minutes then cut in to quarters, discarding seeds and membranes. Peel away the skins, then halve each quarter lengthways into strips.
5. To serve, arrange beetroot and capsicum on a serving platter. Sprinkle with onion, parsley and lemon zest, and drizzle with lemon juice.
Tip: For a slightly smoky flavour, blister the capsicum on an open flame. The barbecue is perfect for this.
By Food to Love