Easy Potato Salad
- 2kg baby potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup lite sour cream
- ½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook potatoes for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil on a medium heat. Sauté bacon for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
3. For the dressing, combine sour cream, yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste.
4. In a large bowl, toss cooled potatoes with dressing, gherkins and dill. Top with bacon, spring onions and extra dill.
Try swapping out some of the potato with kumara - it's a twist on the Kiwi classic and will increase the fibre content.
• Energy 1168Kj • Protein 9g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 41g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 446mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.