Barbecue Vegetable Salad
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp powdered mustard
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 6 spring onions, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 4 courgettes, halved lengthways
- 2 small eggplants, cut in 1cm slices
- 2 red capsicums, quartered, seeds removed
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
How to Clean your BBQ
1. Preheat barbecue grill plate to moderately high.
2. To make the marinade, combine the red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, mustard, chilli flakes and olive oil in a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
3. Arrange all vegetables on two large baking sheets and brush with half the marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook vegetables in batches, until tender and slightly charred, turning once or twice. Grill onions and spring onions for 6 minutes. Grill courgettes for 6-7 minutes. Grill eggplant for 8 minutes. Grill capsicum for 10-12 minutes.
5. To serve, arrange vegetables on a platter and drizzle remaining marinade over the top. Scatter with basil, orange zest and capers.