Chicken, Risoni, Spinach and Tomato Salad
- 1 cup risoni
- 2 ½ cups basil leaves
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 500g chicken tenderloins or breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan, to serve
How to Create an Entertaining Platter
1. Cook risoni following packet instructions. Drain and cool.
2. To make the pesto, pulse basil, parmesan and pine nuts in a blender. Slowly add oil and lemon juice and process until smooth.
3. Preheat a char-grill pan on high. In a bowl, combine chicken and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season. Char-grill chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked.
4. Combine risoni, tomatoes and spinach.
5. To make the dressing, whisk the remaining olive oil and lemon juice together. Season to taste.
6. On a serving platter, combine risoni mixture and chicken. Top with shaved parmesan, drizzle with dressing and serve with pesto sauce on the side.
By Food to Love