Kumara Potato and Chorizo Salad with Avocado Salsa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 100g chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 kumara, diced, cooked and cooled
- 2 potatoes diced, cooked and cooled
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- Small handful of coriander, chopped
How to Make Perfect Roast Veges
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the first half of the onion. Cook for 2 minutes then add the chorizo and garlic. Fry for a further 5-6 minutes or until the chorizo is getting crisp and the oil begins to change colour. The onion should have a little colour in them as well.
2. Turn up the heat, stir in the kumara, potatoes and paprika. Season to taste. Fry everything together for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are hot and getting crisp. Scrape the bottom of the pan every now and again to get the crispy bits.
3. To make the salsa, put the avocado, tomatoes and remaining onion in a bowl. Combine and season to taste. Squeeze in the lime juice, add the herbs and give it a gentle mix.
4. Place the chorizo and vege mix in a bowl and top with the avocado salsa.
• Energy 1350Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 27g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 1315mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.
By Food to Love