Soft-Centred Chocolate Easter Egg Cakes
- 125g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa, plus extra to dust
- 6 small caramel-filled Easter eggs
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease six small oven-proof teacups or ½ cup ramekins.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 4-5 minutes with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Sift in flours, cocoa and fold in chocolate mixture. Spoon mixture into teacups or ramekins, filling to 1-2cm below the rims.
4. Press one Easter egg into the centre of each mould. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm around edges (cakes will still be soft in the centre). Turn cakes out onto serving plates and dust with extra cocoa.
By Food to Love