- 12 medium-sized cupcake cases
- 1x 340g packet Essentials Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 40g butter, melted
- Mini Easter eggs to decorate
- 50g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Empty the cake mix into a bowl. Add the milk, eggs and butter. Beat with an electric beater for 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture evenly into the paper cases and bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and cool completely.
4. For the icing, in a medium-sized bowl beat the butter for 2 minutes using an electric beater until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar and cocoa and beat for 1 minute, then stir through the boiling water.
5. Spread chocolate icing over the cupcakes and decorate with mini eggs.
Tip: To make decorating quick and easy, use a hot wet knife to spread the icing over cakes.