Easter Chocolate Cheesecake
- 250g gingernut biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 1½ tsp gelatine powder
- ½ cup cold water
- 500g milk chocolate, cut in to chunks
- 500g cream cheese
- 395g can condensed milk
- 1 cup cream, whipped
- Mini Easter eggs to decorate
- 1 cup cream
- 200g dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
1. Place the gingernut biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Pour in the butter and combine well.
2. Press the crumbs into the base of a 23cm springform tin lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
3. For the filling, sprinkle the gelatine into ½ cup water. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes and swell, then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve until clear. Set aside.
4. Place the milk chocolate into a glass bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir, then repeat until the chocolate is smooth.
5. Beat the cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer. Pour in the melted chocolate then the condensed milk and gelatine. Fold through the whipped cream. Pour onto the biscuit base. Refrigerate cheesecake for a few hours or overnight.
6. To make the ganache, bring cream to a gentle boil in a small saucepan then pour into a medium-sized bowl with the chocolate. Sir until smooth and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
7. When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the tin, slowly drizzle ganache over the cheesecake and decorate with the Easter eggs.
Tip: If you don’t have a food processor, place the biscuits into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.