Easter Egg Rice Bubble Nests
- butter, for greasing
- 4 Mars bars, chopped
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- assorted mini chocolate Easter eggs
1. Grease and line 10 bases of a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Place Mars bars and butter in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 5 minutes or until melted.
3. Place rice bubbles in a large heatproof bowl. Add melted Mars bar mixture and stir to combine. Allow to cool, then divide mixture among pan holes and shape into nests.
4. Refrigerate until firm. Store in refrigerator until just before serving.
5. When ready to serve, place on a platter with Easter eggs arranged inside each nest.
Tip: If you have rice bubbles which have gone stale, toast them in the oven to freshen them up and make them crunchy again.
Energy 1483Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 21g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 39g • Sugars 30g • Sodium 148mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation
By Food to Love