Easy Chocolate Fudge
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 150g dark eating chocolate, coarsely chopped
How to Whip the Perfect Cream
1. Line base and sides of a 19cm square cake tin.
2. Combine condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan. Stir over a moderately low heat for 5-7 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
3. Increase heat to moderate. Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
4. Add chocolate and stir until melted and mixture is smooth.
5. Pour into prepared tin, and smooth the surface with a spatula. Set aside to cool, then chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
6. Turn fudge onto a chopping board. Cut into squares to serve.
- To make white chocolate fudge, replace the dark chocolate with white chocolate.
- When cooking it might look like it's going to split, but keep stirring it and it will come right.
- A good test to see if it's ready is to drop a little of the fudge into cold water and if it rolls into a ball, it's ready!
By Food to Love