Salmon & Potato Frittata
- 400g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 210g tin pink salmon, drained & flaked
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 80g salad leaves
- ¼ cup French dressing
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 22cm baking dish.
2. Place the potatoes into a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until just cooked. Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 5 minutes to soften.
4. In a large bowl place the onions, garlic, eggs, salmon, dill, 2 Tbsp parsley, salt, pepper and ½ cup of cheese. Fold through the potatoes, pour into your baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Place into the oven for 50 minutes or until set in the middle.
5. Serve with a green salad. Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining parsley.
TIP: Bake this frittata in a square dish, cut into cubes and serve as a nibble for pre-dinner drinks.