Ratatouille with BBQ Meatballs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 1 can butter beans
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 450g beef mince
- ½ French stick to serve
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
How to Chop Herbs
1. In a large pot heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic cooking for 3 or 4 minutes to soften.
2. Add the courgette, red pepper, tomatoes, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the butter beans and heat through. Set aside while you brown the meatballs.
3. Place the mince into a bowl then season with salt and pepper. Roll into walnut sized balls. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and brown the balls on all sides.
4. Add them to the ratatouille mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes until cooked through.
5. Serve the ratatouille into bowls and sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Serve with sliced French bread on the side.
TIP: As an alternative, serve this ratatouille with barbequed sausages.