Mediterranean Fish with Crispy Potatoes
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup black, sliced olives
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 600g basa fillets
- 50g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 300g potatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 200g green beans, cooked to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Add the red onion and garlic and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, brown sugar and soy sauce. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until it is starting to thicken. Pour half of the tomatoes into an ovenproof baking dish.
3. Layer the fish on top of the tomatoes, top with the remaining tomato mix, crumble over the feta and bake for 25 minutes until the feta is golden.
4. Cut the potatoes into 2cm pieces and boil in salted water until tender. Drain.
5. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and thyme cooking for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes cooking for 10 minutes until crispy and golden.
6. Serve the fish with crispy potatoes and green bean
TIP: Always wash and pat dry your fish with a paper towel before cooking to remove any scales and feel for bones.