- countdown tomato paste , 415g squeeze bottle
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated finely
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 Tbsps oil
- 2 cups rice
- ½ head broccoli, cut into thin pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
How to Julienne Vegetables
1. Into a large bowl place the lemon, ginger, yoghurt, paprika, garlic, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, tomato paste and salt stirring well to combine. Add the chicken, stir and coat the chicken with the tandoori mixture. Place into the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
2. Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil on a BBQ hot plate or frying pan to a medium heat. Shake off the excess marinade. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes until slightly charred but still have a little crunch.
5. Serve the chicken on rice with a side of warm vegetable salad.
TIP: Marinate this chicken overnight and the flavor will be more intense.