Mint Spring Lamb with Harissa Potatoes
- 2 x 6 rib lamb racks, with the fat trimmed from the bone
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1kg baby new potatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp harissa seasoning
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 bunches baby carrots, peeled, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 medium courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
How to Make Perfect Roast Vegetables
1. In a shallow bowl, combine the lamb, oil, garlic and mint. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Toss the potatoes in the extra oil and harissa seasoning. Season well. Place on a baking paper-lined tray and roast for 30 minutes.
3. For the pickled salad, in a small saucepan combine vinegar, 1 cup water and honey on medium heat. Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat. In a shallow, non-metallic bowl, combine the carrot, courgette and onion. Pour the vinegar mixture over. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat a large frying pan on medium high. Cook the lamb racks for 6 minutes, turning on all sides to brown evenly. Transfer to the tray with potatoes. Bake for 10 minutes until the potatoes are crisp.
5. Serve the lamb and potatoes garnished with the lemon zest and micro cress, alongside the pickled salad.