Bacon & Leek Quiche
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 125g cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 rindless rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease an 11 x 34cm loose-bottomed flan pan. Place on an oven tray.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl. Rub in butter, using fingertips, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add egg yolk and 1 Tbsp water to form a pliable dough. Shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
4. Roll pastry between two sheets of baking paper. Ease into pan; trim edges. Prick base lightly with a fork. Chill 30 minutes. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and filling. Bake further 10 minutes; cool.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large frying pan on high. Saute bacon and leek 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle bacon mixture over base of pastry.
6. In a jug, whisk eggs, cream and cheese. Season; pour over filling. Bake 35-40 minutes, until golden and set. Serve topped with rocket.