Savoury Heart Tarts
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tub chunky red capsicum dip
- 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/3 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup basil, torn leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- poppy seeds, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
2. Using an 8cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 16 hearts from pastry sheets.
3. In a bowl, combine dip, cheeses and basil. Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture over half the pastry shapes, leaving a 1cm border. Top with a remaining pastry shapes, pinching edges to seal. Arrange on tray.
4. Brush top of each pastry with egg and sprinkle with seeds. Bake 10-15 minutes, until golden and puffed.