Sticky Apricot & Chocolate Muesli Bars
- 100g butter
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups fine desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate drops or chips, plus a handful for sprinkling on top
1. Thoroughly grease a swiss roll pan approximately 33cm x 23cm. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup, then stir in the brown sugar and vanilla. When the sugar is dissolved remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the oats, coconut, chopped apricots and sultanas and lastly the ½ cup of chocolate chips. Mix well then turn the mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Use wet hands to press the mixture into place then roll firmly with a clean can from your pantry to compact the mixture and neaten the edges (a can will fit in the pan – a rolling pin won’t).
5. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool before slicing into bars.