Light & Fluffy Rhubarb Muffins
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1cm pieces
- Icing sugar, to dust
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Grease a 12-hole regular muffin tin.
3. Beat the butter and brown sugar together until it pales. Add the eggs and continue to beat for 1 minute.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and add to mixture.
5. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Add the rhubarb pieces, reserving enough for the tops. Mix until just combined.
6. Spoon into muffin tins. Add the reserved rhubarb pieces to the top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Rest for 5 minutes before removing the muffins from the tin.
9. Dust with icing sugar and serve with soft butter.