Lunchbox Banana Bread
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan.
2. Sift flour and cinnamon together into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar.
3. In a large jug, combine banana, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, lightly mix banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
4. Pour into pan, smoothing top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve sliced with butter, if liked.
This loaf freezes well whole or in slices. Place slices straight from the freezer into the lunchbox. It will defrost by lunchtime and help to keep your lunchbox cool.