Carrot, Zucchini & Bacon Slice
- 4 shortcut bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 30 x 20cm (base measurement) slice pan with baking paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over moderate heat. Add bacon and capsicum. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Cool slightly.
3. Combine bacon mixture, zucchini, carrot, cheese and flour in a bowl. Make a well at centre. Whisk eggs and milk in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Do not over-mix. Pour into prepared pan; level surface.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand in pan 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, to cool slightly. Cut to serve.
If self-raising flour is unavailable, use 1 cup plain flour mixed with 2 teaspoons baking powder.