- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 50 g pancetta or bacon, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 400 g can, chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml (2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock - Beef
- Grated parmesan, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan, add pancetta (or bacon) and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden.
2. Add the onions and garlic, cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes until they are starting to soften. Add mince and increase heat to high. Cook until mince starts to brown for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add the carrot and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes. Pour in Campbell’s Real Stock, add canned tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring mixture to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes until sauce has thickened.
4. Serve with your favourite pasta and parmesan cheese.
Swap half or all of the spaghetti for courgette noodles to add more vegetables to your meal. You could also add grated carrot.