Salmon Benedict Bake
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp dill, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 croissants, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch spinach, chopped
- 200g smoked salmon slices
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
How to De-bone Salmon Fillet
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
2. In a large jug, whisk eggs, cream and dill. Season.
3. Line base of dish with croissants. Pour of egg mixture over. Set aside.
4. Place spinach in a colander and pour boiling water over to wilt leaves. Drain well and press out any excess moisture. Spread spinach and smoked salmon evenly over croissants. Cover with remaining egg mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until egg is just set in centre.
5. To make the hollandaise, place egg yolks into a medium glass or metal bowl, vigorously whisk over a saucepan of gently simmering water until thick and pale. Gradually add butter, whisking constantly until well combined, thick and smooth. Stir in juice and season to taste.
6. Serve dish warm with extra dill and hollandaise sauce on the side.