Lemon Chicken with Potato Salad
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 600g baby potatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Using a meat mallet, gently pound chicken until 1cm thick.
2. Process oil, water, juice, garlic, mustard and oregano in a food processor until combined. Transfer 2½ tablespoons of mixture to a glass or ceramic bowl. Add chicken; tossing to coat. Reserve remaining lemon mixture.
3. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl. Add ¼ cup reserved lemon mixture to potatoes and toss to coat. Cool for 5 minutes. Add spring onions, cucumber, parsley and remaining lemon mixture, toss to combine.
4. To cook the chicken, preheat barbecue to a moderately high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked.
5. Serve chicken with potato salad.