Layered Avocado and Salmon Terrine
- 375g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp baby capers, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped, plus extra ¼ cup dill sprigs
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated, plus extra for serving
- 20 slices smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed olives, thinly sliced
1. Grease and line a 19 x 9cm loaf pan with cling film, extending wrap at sides to overhang.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Add avocado and lemon juice, beating until smooth. Coarsely chop half the capers. Add chopped capers to cream cheese mixture with onion, dill and zest. Stir to combine.
3. Line base and sides of prepared pan with 8 slices of salmon, overlapping slightly. Spoon one-quarter of the cream cheese mixture over base of pan and level the surface. Top with three slices of salmon. Repeat layers, finishing with salmon. Cover with cling film. Top with another loaf pan and weigh down with a couple of cans. Chill for 4 hours until firm.
4. Turn out onto a serving platter then top with olives, remaining capers, extra dill sprigs and extra zest.