Beans with Pistachio Crumbs
- 600g frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 400g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 slice white bread, torn
- 1/3 cup unsalted, shelled pistachios
- 80g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Cook beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain, then refresh under cold water.
2. Process bread and pistachios in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
3. Heat half the butter in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add garlic, breadcrumb mixture and zest. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Wipe pan clean.
4. Heat remaining butter in pan. Add bean mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice, tossing to combine. Serve beans topped with pistachio crumbs.