Mango and Lime Cheesecake
- 250 g packet plain sweet biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 2 medium mangoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp gelatine
- 2 Limes
- 375 g ricotta
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
1. Process biscuits until fine. Add the butter and process again until the butter is combined with the crumbs. Press mixture over the base and halfway up the side of a greased 22cm springform pan.
2. Coarsely chop flesh from one mango. Blend or process until smooth. Peel and very thinly slice remaining mango and refrigerate.
3. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the water and leave to soak for 3 minutes. Microwave on medium for 20 seconds or until the gelatin is dissolved. Cool for 3 minutes.
4. Finely grate the rind from one lime. Squeeze the juice from both limes.
5. Beat the ricotta with the sugar, rind and juice in a small bowl until combined. Fold in the gelatin mixture and yoghurt.
6. Pour half of the cheesecake mixture into the prepared base, then add blended mango. Top with the remaining cheesecake mixture. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
7. Decorate with sliced mango and extra lime rind, if desired.