Rocky Road Truffles
- 1/2 cup reduced cream
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125 g milk chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 cup each of chopped marshmallows, glacé cherries, toasted almonds
- 200 g dark chocolate
1. Place the reduced cream and caster sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, stirring for 10-15 minutes until the mixture turns a caramel colour. Stir through the milk chocolate until smooth.
2. Leave until mixture reaches room temperature then stir through the marshmallows, cherries and almonds. Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours until it sets enough to mould.
3. Roll the mixture into even-sized balls and place onto baking paper. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour until firm.
4. Melt the dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Dip the balls into the warm chocolate mixture using a fork and place onto clean baking paper. Refrigerate until set.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.