- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 200 g butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine flour, sugar, ginger and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Combine butter, golden syrup and egg in a small bowl. Stir the wet into dry ingredients.
4. Wrap in cling film and refridgerate for 15 minutes.
5. Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of about 3mm. Cut out with Christmas-shaped cookie cutters and lift with a palette knife onto lined baking trays.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Biscuits must be completely cool before icing.
By Food to Love