Peanut Lamb Skewers
- 450 g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chilli
How to Chop Herbs
1. In a large bowl place the lamb, garlic, cumin, coriander and paprika, spring onion, salt, pepper, ½ cup peanuts, egg, breadcrumbs and combine well.
2. Divide the mixture into 12 balls. Shape each ball onto a skewer to make a kofta shape. Roll each skewer lightly in the remaining nuts. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Heat the oil in a pan or on a BBQ hotplate and fry the skewers a few at a time, turning to cook on all sides. This will take 5-8 minutes.
4. To make yoghurt dip, combine yoghurt, mint and chilli in a small bowl.
5. Serve the lamb skewers warm, with a sprinkle of coriander, a squeeze of lemon and yoghurt dip on the side.