Grilled Asparagus with sesame, ginger and soy
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 bunches thick green asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1. Combine ginger, lime juice, chilli and water in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
2. Toss asparagus in peanut oil, garlic and sesame seeds then the soy and ginger mixture and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on a grill pan until asparagus is charred on all sides.
3. Remove from heat and serve on a large platter.