Roasted Beetroot Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- 1 kg fresh beetroot
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 120 g mesclun salad
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts roasted
- 150 g feta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Wash beetroot well and trim, leaving 4cm stem attached. Cut into chunks approximately 2cm thick. Place beetroot in a shallow baking dish and drizzle with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly and rub off skins.
3. Meanwhile, make red wine vinegar dressing. Place ingredients in a screw-top jar, and shake well.
4. Place warm beetroot in a shallow serving bowl with mesclun and walnuts. Toss gently to combine. Crumble feta over salad, drizzle with dressing and serve.