Roast Pumpkin Feta and Chickpea Salad
- 1.3 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 400g canned chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
How to Make Perfect Roast Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Combine pumpkin and oil in a large baking dish and season. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, place pistachios on a baking tray and roast for about 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from tray immediately.
4. To make the lemon vinaigrette, combine garlic, lemon rind, olive oil and white wine vinegar in a screw-top jar and shake well.
5. Place baby spinach leaves in a serving bowl. Add roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, red onion, feta and chives. Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette and top with pistachios.