Corn Cakes with Avocado Smash
- 2 corn cobs, trimmed (or 1 ½ cups corn kernels)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh chives, to garnish
- 1 medium avocado, chopped coarsely
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
How to Cut an Avocado
1. Cut kernels from corn cobs. (or used tinned corn and drain).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan, cook corn and onions, stirring, until onion softens. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine corn mixture, flour, baking soda, and eggs in a medium bowl, season.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture into the pan and cook in batches for about 1 minute each side.
5. To make avocado smash, mash avocado and lime with a fork in small bowl. Season to taste.
6. Serve corn cakes topped with avocado smash and sour cream. Sprinkle with chives to garnish.