Crispy Cauliflower Salad
- 1 cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pinenuts
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 bunch bunch coriander, stems removed
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
2. Place cauliflower in a roasting pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden. Cool and transfer to a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, place pine nuts onto another tray. Roast for 5-8 minutes or until golden and add to the cauliflower.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes or until softened. Mix in Moroccan seasoning, then add couscous, cranberries and water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until couscous is tender. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Combine couscous, cauliflower, remaining oil and lemon juice. Roughly chop half the coriander and stir through. Season to taste. Garnish with remaining coriander and serve.