Summer Fruit Pavlova
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 ml whipped cream
- 4 kiwifruit, sliced
- 125 g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 125 g raspberries
- 125 g blueberries
- Pulp of 1 passionfruit (in season)
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan forced). Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and egg white is stiff. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Spread mixture onto tray to form a 26cm-round and bake 20 minutes.
5. Reduce oven to 120°C, and bake 55-60 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pavlova to cool in oven with the door ajar, to dry out completely.
6. To serve, spread cream over the pavlova, top with fruit and drizzle with passionfruit.