Two ways with Brandy Baskets
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1 cup marshmallows, cut into halves
- 2/3 cup strawberries
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup raspberries, plus leave extra berries for garnish
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- Store-bought brandy baskets
1. Whip the cream to form soft peaks. Fold through the yoghurt, marshmallows and 1 cup of chopped mixed berries. Refrigerate until needed or overnight.
2. In a food processor, blend the remaining berries and icing sugar. Strain through a sieve to remove the pips.
3. When ready to serve, softly fold the berry mixture in to the ambrosia mixture, then spoon into the brandy baskets. Garnish with extra berries.
LEMON CURD WITH FRESH RASPBERRIES:
½ cup lemon curd
¾ cup sour cream
8 fresh raspberries
Mint leaves to garnish
Store-bought brandy baskets
1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon curd and sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. To serve, fill each brandy basket with curd mixture and top with a raspberry and a small mint leaf.
Tip: For something different try placing the fillings into the freezer for two hours and serving in glasses like a semifreddo, then crumble some brandy snap basket over the top.