Two ways with Brandy Baskets
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1 cup marshmallows, cut into halves
- 1/3 cup strawberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries, plus leave extra berries for garnish
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- Store-bought brandy baskets
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Whip the cream to form soft peaks. Fold through the yoghurt, marshmallows and 1 cup berries. Refrigerate until needed or overnight for even more flavour.
2. Puree the remaining berries with icing sugar. Strain through a sieve to remove the pips.
3. When ready to serve, spoon the ambrosia into your brandy snap baskets and decorate with extra berries.
Lemon Curd with Fresh Raspberries
½ cup lemon curd
¾ cup sour cream
8 fresh raspberries
Mint leaves to garnish
Store-bought brandy baskets
1. In a small bowl, combine the lemon curd and sour cream.
2. When ready to serve, place the brandy snap baskets on a platter. Fill with a little curd mixture and top with raspberries and a mint leaf.
Tip: For something different try placing the fillings into the freezer for two hours and serving in glasses like a semifreddo, then crumble some brandy snap basket over the top.