Tomato and Feta Bruschetta
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 16 thin slices pepperoni
- 300 g packet mixed heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 180 g feta, cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves extra, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/220°C fan-forced.
2. Heat a char-grill pan over moderate heat. Drizzle bread with 2 Tbsp of the oil. Grill bread on the pan for 1-2 minutes each side or until toasted.
3. Place bread on a baking tray. Top each slice with pepperoni, tomato and feta. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of the parmesan and bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden.
4. Meanwhile, process basil, remaining parmesan, garlic, pine nuts and remaining oil until a smooth paste forms.
5. Serve bruschetta topped with pesto and extra basil.
Tip: For a vegetarian option, just take out the pepperoni