Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 1 1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 2/3 cup cream
- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 g dark eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 6 strawberries, halved, to serve
1. For the base, process ground nuts, sugar, cornflour and butter until crumbly. Add egg yolk and pulse until mixture comes together. Knead dough gently on a floured surface until smooth. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease a 22cm-round loose-based flan tin. Roll hazelnut dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line the tin.
3. Ease dough into tin, press into base and sides, then trim the edge. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Place tin on oven tray and bake the crust for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, spread jam over crust and return to the oven for two minutes, then cool.
5. Heat cream in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in the butter and chocolate, then whisk until smooth. Pour chocolate mixture into crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Top tart with strawberries to serve.