- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 200 g haloumi cheese, cut into 2cm cubes
- 280 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 eggplants, cut in to 2cm pieces
- Cooking oil spray
- 12 skewers
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parmesan, grated
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
How to Clean your BBQ
1. Thread the sausage, haloumi, artichoke, onion and eggplant onto skewers. Spray skewers with cooking oil.
2. Preheat a barbecue to moderate heat. Cook and turn skewers for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
3. To make pesto, process basil, garlic, parmesan and pine nuts until chopped finely. While processor is going, gradually add combined oil and juice until pesto is almost smooth.
4. Serve antipasto skewers with pesto drizzled over the top.